Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Greenhouses I have built

This was my first, 1973.  26' by 48' in Espanola New Mexico and from the side. 
I had to take it down and rebuild it in 1975, flat roof, not so good in the heat.
Here it is in its final form, sunken 3' into the ground, 1977.

My largest greenhouse 48' square minus the building.  A view inside.




This 12' by 32' was attached to our first home in Oklahoma 1988

Inside, I used a swamp cooler.  On sunny winter days it kept the house warm and moist.

In 1990 as Grounds Supt. at OSU Tulsa I built this one and used heating zoo manure to sprout our seedlings.


I built this one for a hospital.  My first with twinwall polycarbonate glazing.




In 2011 I completed this 22' by 14' partially sunken greenhouse at our present home.

and three years later I dovetailed a 28' by 8' used window glass structure to the back of this one.

The insides change constantly.  Here are the two together on a gloomy day.

I inspired, designed, and started this beauty, but it was finished by a real carpenter.

 Here's hoping I can build a few more. (for somebody else.)

















No comments:

Post a Comment